Evolution Hybrid Set w/Proto-Sound 2.0 - GE Evolution
Set Features: GE ES44AC Diesel Engine Cab No. 2010, (1) 70' Streamlined RPO Car
With a wave of consolidation behind it, North American railroading is once again a good business to be in. Freight traffic is booming. Locomotive orders are coming in at a record pace from the Big Six roads that dominate rail transportation on the continent: Union Pacific, BNSF, CSX, Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, and Canadian Pacific. And the two remaining diesel builders are locked in a battle to become the locomotive supplier for the 21st century. EMD, newly independent and no longer a division of General Motors, is represented by the AC-traction-motored SD70ACe and its DC-traction sibling, the SD70M-2. General Electric's standard bearers are the EVOs, the Evolution Series ES44AC and ES44DC.
At the heart of the Evolution Series is a brand new prime mover, the four-cycle, 12-cylinder GEVO-12. While producing the same 4400 horsepower as its 16-cylinder FDL-series predecessor, the GEVO-12 uses less fuel and spits out 40% fewer emissions. GE claims the EVOs are "the most fuel-efficient, most environmentally friendly diesel locomotives in history." Everything about these locomotives has been examined, questioned, and re-thought, generating 25 new U.S. patents in the process. And every Big Six railroad has ponied up to buy them, with the BNSF currently rostering the largest EVO fleet.
Like all Premier locomotives, the new ES44AC offers O scale's finest combination of detail, realism, and performance. Listen to the chant of an authentic GEVO-12 motor, and throttle down as low as three scale miles per hour so you can admire the details as the Evolution Series glides by: see-through fans and grilles, walkways with safety tread, opening doors with working door handles, and a host of other separately applied metal details.
Did You Know? Fully loaded, an Evolution Series diesel carries 5000 gallons of diesel fuel, 450 gallons of lube oil, and 400 gallons of cooling water.
- ES44AC Diesel Locomotive
- 70' RPO Passenger Car
- (2) Remotely Controlled Proto-Couplersr
- Metal Chassis
- (2) Precision Flywheel Equipped Motors
- Illuminated Number Boards
- Intricately Detailed ABS Body
- Directionally Controlled Headlights
- Die-Cast Truck Sides, Pilots and Fuel Tank
- Authentic Paint Scheme
- Metal Handrails and Decorative Horn
- All Metal Wheels and Gears
- Lighted Cab Interior
- (2) Engineer Cab Figures
- Moveable Roof Fans
- Metal Body Side Grilles
- Operating Ditch Lights
- Operating Smoke Unit
- Metal Wheels, Axles and Gears
- Locomotive Speed Control In Scale MPH Increments
- Proto-Scale 3-2 3-Rail/2-Rail Conversion Capable
- 1:48 Scale Proportions
- Kadee Compatible Coupler Mounts
- Proto-Sound 2.0 With The Digital Command System Featuring: Freight Yard Proto-Effects
- Unit Measures:19 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 4"
- Operates On O-42 Curves
Passenger Car Features
- Durable ABS Intricately Detailed Bodies
- Metal Wheels and Axles
- Overhead Interior Lighting
- Die-Cast 4-Wheel Trucks
- Operating Die-Cast Metal Couplers
- Colorful, Attractive Paint Schemes
- End-of-Car Diaphragms
- Fast-Angle Wheel Sets
- Needle-Point Axles
- Detailed Car Interiors
- 1:48 Scale Dimensions
- Detailed Car Undercarriage
- Separate Metal Handrails
- Unit Measures:19" x 2 7/16" x 3 1/2"
- Operates On O-42 Curves
This product may not have shipped yet or is completely sold out. Click on the show button to see who might have it on order.