4-Car R142A Series Subway Set w/Proto-Sound 3.0 - Metropolitan Transportation
Nos. 7221, 7222, 7223, 7224
Delivered between 1999 and 2003, the stainless steel R142As are among the newest cars on New York City's century-old municipal rails. With the delivery of the final R142s, NYC transit retired the last of its non-stainless cars, including the famous Redbirds. Designed to travel primarily in semi-permanently coupled sets, the R142As were assembled in Kobe, Japan and Yonkers, NY by Kawasaki Heavy Industries. Each set is powered by four 150-hp truck-mounted motors on each end cab car, and two motors on each cabless intermediate car; top speed is about 60 mph.
The RailKing R142A cars feature transit stop simulation available only from M.T.H. Designed specifically for our municipal transit cars, the unique Proto-Sound 3.0 transit program features Station Stop Proto-Effects, allowing you to program the train to stop automatically at designated station stops, even in Conventional Mode. When configured to run on automatic, the R142A stops itself at locations you define and calls out station names that you select in advance; the train essentially runs itself. And when you program the R142A for an out-and-back route, it reverses itself when it reaches the end of the line and heads back downtown - stopping along the way at each station to broadcast the name of the stop and the hustle and bustle of passengers coming and going.
- 4-Car Set contains (1) Powered A End Car, (1) Non-Powered A End Car, (2) Non-Powered B Cars
- Directionally Controlled Headlights
- Intricately Detailed ABS Bodies
- Metal Wheels, Axles and Gears
- Die-Cast Truck Sides & Pilots
- (2) Remotely Controlled Proto-Couplers
- Authentic Paint Scheme
- (2) Precision Flywheel Equipped Motors
- Locomotive Speed Control In Scale MPH Increments
- Proto-Sound 3.0 Featuring Station Stop Proto-Effects
- Lighted Cab Interiors
- Illuminated Number Boards
- Each Car Measures 13 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 3 3/8"
- Operates On O-31 Curves
This product may not have shipped yet or is completely sold out. Click on the show button to see who might have it on order.