2018 RailTown Kitbash Contest Rules
Get your creative juices flowing this summer! Build an O Gauge structure or scene using at least two walls from any RailTown building, plus any other model structures or materials you like, and you could win a Premier or RailKing locomotive of your choice, up to a retail value of $500.
- Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on architectural attractiveness, build quality, and above all creativity, both in design and use of materials. Designs may be realistic or whimsical, and can range from a recognizable RailTown building with added details to an extreme kitbash using some RailTown elements.
- RailTown Content: Entries may be an O Gauge building or scene, and must use at least two walls from a RailTown building or buildings*, with or without original RailTown windows or doors. The RailTown content should feature prominently in the finished building or scene. Use of parts, buildings, and scenic and other materials from any other manufacturers is permitted and encouraged.
- Prizes: The winning entry will receive a Premier or RailKing locomotive or subway set of their choice from a current or future catalog, up to a retail price of $500.00. The runner-up will receive their choice of RailTown building(s) and/or accessories from a current or future catalog, up to a total retail price of $150.00.
- How to Enter: Entries may be submitted using digital or hard-copy photographs of your building or scene via the entry form to the right.
Alternately, you may print and complete this form and submit it with hard-copy photos or a CD with photos, by mailing your entry to M.T.H. Electric Trains, ATTN: RailTown Kitbash, 7020 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046.
All entries will be acknowledged by email within 72 hours of receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please email us at email@example.com and include “RailTown Kitbash” in the subject line.
- Entry Deadline: All entries must be received at M.T.H. by midnight Eastern Time, December 17, 2018. Winners of the RailTown Kitbashing Contest will be announced by December 31, 2018.
- Story Behind Your Entry (optional): Over time, every building has a story. We encourage you to use the free-form “Story” field on the entry form to tell us the story behind your building — how you came up with the idea, what you tried to accomplish, features you’re particularly proud of, and/or what you imagine happens or has happened in or around this building over its history.
If you wish, you may also submit your building’s story as an attached Word doc, or in printed format if you submit your entry by mail.
- Multiple Entries: Individuals may enter as often as they wish; each entry must be submitted separately.
- Additional Information: Winners may be asked to submit additional information on how their entries were built, in order to feature their models in the M.T.H. RailRoaders Club™ newsletter or in M.T.H. catalogs or other literature.
- Employees of M.T.H. are not eligible to participate.
- All Entry Photographs Will Become the Property of M.T.H. and may be used to promote the O gauge hobby in newsletter articles, emails, catalogs, or other media, as well as articles in various model railroad publications. Entrants will be credited whenever their submissions are published.
- Questions about the RailTown Kitbashing Contest may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “RailTown Kitbash” in the subject line.
* For a complete list of current production RailTown buildings, view our 2018 Ready-to-Run O Gauge Train Sets & Accessories Catalog online, or request a hard copy at your local M.T.H. retailer.